Monday, January 14, 2008

Surprise!!


We need PR!!!!

What or who is PR? She is our new little girl we are waiting to bring home from Kyrgyzstan. They just submitted the court documents today, so we are waiting to hear on a court date. She is just 3 months old☺ We hope we can bring her home at around 5 months old. We can of course hardly wait.

How did we get her so soon? Well, we had originally wanted 2 at one time but someone decided that we weren’t quite ready. It wasn’t John nor I. But, we are really glad it happened this way as I didn’t know what parenthood really entailed. John says it is even easier to go to work than to parent Michael. So, when we were finally ready, we let our agency know and about a week later we were referred her. It was a welcome surprise to us!! She is a beautiful, brown eyed little baby who will make a perfect sister to our Michael!!!

I’m running a contest on who can come up with a creative nickname for PR! Let us know, and we’ll give the winner a prize. She is also somewhere on our blog. Kudos to those who can find her! She is not the baby picture in this post. That is just a cute web picture:)

For now, my little guy calls my name, MOM!!!

15 comments:

Margaret and Tom said...

Oh Gen! I just pulled up your blog to check out what Michael was up to! Congratulations, this is wonderful! By the way I love the picture of Michael reading the paper with his Daddy-- too cute!
I can't wait to hear more about your news...I am trying to think of a creative nickname for you!

Unknown said...

Oh! I think I know! Is that her hand on the header?

Hilary Marquis said...

WooHoo and Hallelujah! I cannot wait for that court date and pictures! You know she is already being covered in prayer. Congratulations :)

Lisa Brotherton said...

YAY!!! How exciting!
I did spot her little hand on the top of your page...
I am going to have my daughter, Chloe (13), come up with some name suggestions. She has been studying a name book for the last year. But dad gets naming rights on our coming daughter.
I had no idea you were so close to referral. (I was secretly hoping we'd travel at the same time and support each others nursing efforts.)
I am praying sooo hard right now for our paperwork to come to a close... I AM READY!

Nikki said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. I know where she is on your blog, but I'm not going to give it away to everyone else :)

Nikki

TheHappyNeills said...

HOORAY!!!!!! Rejoicing with you!!! Did you take this photo? It's BEAUTIFUL.

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Yay! We'll be praying G gets things going over there for you. So are her initials PR? I agree w/ Jamie, I think that is her hand...maybe.

Rachel said...

Wow, I have no clue...I'll go with the hand theory! Sounds good. Anyway, I'm DEFINITELY praying for your court to happen soon!

family tree said...

Yeah!!!!!!! I'll be praying!
Love,
Weyland & Katie

Ivy Lee said...

Yay! Congratulations. I am so excited for you!! When do you go and get her?

Jackie said...

That is a beautiful pic of PR. (I can't believe I missed it yesterday).

She is simply precious ;)

Nikki said...

Hi everyone! I am just posting a little message on all the blogs I have designed letting you know that I am looking for ideas! As you know, I donate $5 of every blog to a Charity of the Month. Since you guys are what make Blogs for a Cause possible, I want your input for the future Charity of the Month for the months to come. Check out the first post on www.madebynikki.blogspot.com for full details. I can’t make any promises, of course, as I expect to get several suggestions, but I will definitely take everything into consideration! Please let me know of any ideas that you have of a group/person who needs monetary donations!
Thanks :)
Nikki

Kristy said...

I've been keeping up on the wonderful adoption stories on your blog since I met Gen at Small Group back in May. It is amazing how God has been working out all the details. Kyrgyzstan is dear to my heart as two of my closest friends just moved there in September. And we recently formed a partnership between Argentina and Kyrgyzstan and will be sending a vision team in June with the hope of sending Argentines on a longer term basis in the future!

Maria said...

HOW EXCITING! Congratulations. I'm off to find the picture of her!

Joanne & Andy said...

Gen, My husband and I are also adopting from Kyrgzstan right now and our paperwork is in the court system as we speak. I hope to travel the beginning of March to bring my son Jacob home! I would love to talk to you, if you would like to email me my address is jmorley@frontiernet.net. I hope to hear from you! Joanne