Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beautiful Summer Days...

We should be outside!!

I can't believe summer is almost over. The days are shortening, my nanny went back to school(that's a tough one), but alas, there are still some beautiful days left to enjoy. On one of the last days Heather was with us(yes, she gets to come back next summer, YEAH), we went to the Minnesota Children's Museum. It was a blast, so much to explore and play with!! My kids loved it. We'll have to say that both Heather and I were exhausted after that trip, and Heather is about half my age so imagine what I feel like some days...
Nanny Heather
Love the slide
Princess Phoebe
Prince Michael
My favorite...
WATER!!!
Mom, this place rocks!!

To help with the transition, my 7 year old niece, Rebecca came a couple of days last week. Wow, I couldn't believe how much help that provided. I got to sleep in, she entertained the kids for me, helped them go down for naps:) We had a ball, and both Michael and Phoebe adore their cousin. She of course got some down time, she got a felt board that she could change all these outfits on, and a piggybank that she painted and then baked so we could put some of her "nanny" wages in it. She was a joy to have!
The cousins had matching shirts
The back of the t-shirts!
Then today, I LOVE SUNDAYS, we got to go to my girlfriends house and swim in just fantastic weather. The best thing was, we shared a common friend, Rory. Rory and her husband live in Kyrgyzstan. They went to our church here, and last year we first met them while picking up Michael. By visiting with them we found out that Rory and Kat were in the same class during family practice residency. What a hoot!!! It's such a small world!! We saw them again when we picked up Phoebe, and they came home for the summer so Rory could take her board certifications again. So we had a grill out and then all hung out at the pool. Rory and her family go back to Kyrgyzstan at the end of this month, but we hope, when our children are out of diapers, to go back and visit them with our babies. I can hardly wait I know!!! So we wish them well as they go back to work there, may we see them again soon!!
Michael(& Phoebe too) loved the pool!
The "Kyrg" Gang

3 comments:

Lisa Brotherton said...

What an amazing, small world we live in!
The kids look so beautiful and happy. And you look so happy too!
Life is good, God is great!

Hilary Marquis said...

What fun! Thank you for the blog award :) I'll work on my post a little later...things are crazy here. My baby boys start a new school tomorrow *sniffle*

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time at the museum...reminds me of the one we went to in Illinois. So sorry your nanny has to go back to school. Make sure you still get some time for yourself in there!