Sunday, April 5, 2009

A day or 2 late....

April 4th, 2008 one day home!One year later!!
April 3rd, 2008
April 5th, 2009

Well, we didn't fall off the face of the earth, but just about. I am trying to dig out of the mess of the house we live in currently. Comes with 2 kids so close together in age, travelling, snow in April, and just plain ole exhaustion. I have to beg apologies from my daughter however, as I still have to put her montage together and post pics of her gotcha day. It may be awhile until we can live in a place I can better function at, meaning, I've hit my limit of chaos...
So, my dearest daughter, Phoebe, just over a year ago today you landed in the US. Little did we know what kind of country it would become. You were so blessed to have Tim Marquis meet you fresh off the plane in Mpls as we so were! We are so happy to have you as our girl and in our family. You are such a bundle of energy and wonder to us! I'll be brief so I won't be crabby tomorrow for being too tired, but these pics are in honor of you, my sweet baby girl! May you always light up a room as you have thus far. You bring much joy to Mommy and Daddy's heart, and we can't imagine life without you! God truly blessed us more than we could ask or imagine by entrusting us with your care!

9 comments:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Phoebe! It's good to hear you guys didn't fall off the face of the earth :) Both kiddos have grown so much!

Maria said...

So good to see an update and new pix. I still see the sweet baby face she had a year ago, but not with a sweet toddler mix. They are both just so cute!! I can't imagine two -- I can barely walk through the house with one!

Mary from TN said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Phoebe! I can't believe it's been a year already. Please pray that we can get our little man home soon. He is just your age!

Mary from TN

Joanne & Andy said...

What a beautiful little girl! It is hard to believe that we have been home with our little ones for a year already! Our Forever Day with Jacob was March 15th and we flew home with him on the 21st. From the sounds of what is going on in Kyrgz. we are lucky to have our children with us! Glad to see you back on the blog, I know all about chaos with 2 little ones so close in age, they keep me hopping!

Kami said...

John and Gen,
So thankful for your friendship and the celebration of our children. Phoebe is so beautiful! What a joy to have her and Michael in your family. Looking forward to sharing the joys with you. Please continue to pray for the Kyrgyz children to be united with their forever families. Love to you...

Rachel said...

Little P is growing so much!!! With all that hair she is starting to remind me of Scarlett (love the bows). And I saw your tickers on the side...very happy (and late) birthday to Michael...how are those twos treating you? Hopefully better than Alex's were for us! Miss you guys!

Jackie said...

I'm not sure how I missed your posts...but, BIG congratulations on Phoebe's gotcha day. The kiddos look wonderful as always. And the hair dos....WOW :)

Hugs, friend!

Margaret and Tom said...

Such cute photos! I love the pigtails and the list of things Phoebe and Michael are getting into these days! I second Maria, I don't know how you do it with 2 so close in age and so agile :)
Happy Anniversary for Phoebe coming home, what a sweet and wonderful day, and the day she first met Michael her big brother :)

Caryn said...

Your kids are so precious!