Monday, April 6, 2009
Phoebe's Piggies, a new do, and toddler tales
At 17 months I was finally able to put Phoebe in her first pigtails! Not an easy feat, she has fine curly hair that has way too many cowlicks and it was impossible to part and hard to stay straight unless I pulled her hair WAY too tight. So here are her modelling pictures:) I don't think that will be a common do for awhile, even though her hair when wet is down past her shoulders, it sure is above them when dry. Also, those lovely curls love to get matted from her sleeping ways! She wimpers when I detangle them... I love her hair by the way:)
Then, Michael finally got his 4th haircut since we got him home. He DOES NOT keep still these days so we ventured to Kidscut who apparently see much worse. I thought he was just horrible and it would have been impossible for me to do anything with him, but they said they see much worse. So, it cost me 20 bucks to have them do it with tip...we celebrated at Famous Dave's bque after that and he thought it was a yummy treat, especially corn on the cob.
I am only able to blog tonight because my kids went to sleep early, which is 8:30 for them. They have been night owls lately...if I try to blog while they are awake this is what tends to happen.
1) Phoebe makes her way to her favorite snack of dog food.
2) Michael can now reach our counters with ease and conveniently clears all the clutter away onto the floor.
3) Michael takes the dog's water and tries to mop the floor for me, resulting in slick surfaces on our hard wood, but definitely fun for him.
4) Michael has discovered how to open the drawer locks and conveniently heads for the knives.
5) Phoebe takes every toy and book in the house and throws it on the floor.
6) Michael climbs up our counter stools and does a balancing act.
7) Phoebe pulls out all the baby wipes out of the container.
8) Michael gets tangled up in my knitting yarn after stringing it through all the furniture just like toiletpapering a yard.
9) Michael finds the toothpaste and helps himself to a treat.
10) Michael conveniently turns on all the faucets he can reach as he can now open doors.
11) They both scream at the top of their lungs just because...
12) They both can go up and down stairs and have figured out a way to just push throught the babygates. Since we have 3 floors to our house I can't contain them anymore.
13) Phoebe finds all the loose coins in the house and brings them to me...
The list is endless, so I'll stop there, there are many things I'm thankful they manage not to do since they are healthy developing toddlers, and I am desperate for warm weather so we can go outside, but needless to say, my blogging time is few and far between. Now to post adoption report photos...